Marketing and Business Tools for Real Estate 866.233.9833

Delta Media Group Blog


Wednesday, December 28, 2011

Customers Prefer Using the Quick Property Search on Agent Sites

Last week we released the Quick Property Search on thousands of Realtor® web sites. Based on the activity we are seeing it is clear that customers prefer to use the Quick Property Search about 2 to 1. This means that for every 2 people using the Quick Property Search 1 person prefers to fill out a standard search form coming from the home page of the web sites.

This is really important to understand and realize. The Quick Property Search that we've created at Delta is a Google type quick search that auto completes as customers type. See the screen shot below showing it on an agent web site.

Since Delta's Quick Property Search form accepts City, County, State, Zip Code, School District, Neighborhood, Subdivision and Address as parameters it's interesting to see what information Customers are typing in. Below is a chart from a Google Analytics account where we track one brokerage web site and what customers are doing. This chart shows that at least 75% of customers are typing either City, Zip Code or Property MLS ID. What it also shows is that the flexibility we offer is important to the other 25%.


So, while we give the ability to Delta Customers to choose to use the Quick Property Search or not we urge our customers to use it. If your site doesn't have it...well...hopefully you aren't competing in your local market with a web site that does because customers are choosing to use sites that have this Quick Property Search feature.

Post a Comment